Thursday, November 6, 2008

BBQQ

It is pretty hilarious to read in the news that the Members of Parliament are behaving less than appropriate during their meetings. You would think a group of adults who should have years of experience in their field would know how to behave. Is civility so difficult these days?

Even kids are educated to behave in proper manner. Perhaps these grown ups are trying to relive their younger days or perhaps entering their second childhood... or third. This kind of enforces my belief that just because a person is older, does not mean that they deserve respect. I believe that by default, everybody gets a "starter" amount of points of respect. I am borrowing the Australian point system as an analogy here. If you continue to prove yourself worth of respect of course you will accumulate more credits. However if you act like a douche, you are definitely going to get your points deducted. If it goes to a negative value then obviously it means that you do not deserve respect at all and should be kicked in the face.

Today's news article reports that a certain member of the parliament used profanities at another member. What I find funny was that the news article actually censored out the words. The alleged insult was "b***** b******". I am pretty sure you guys would know what it is. I hardly think that those two words required censorship as they are words that are not as bad as fish or shot or even beach.

The entire scenario resembles a bunch of kids in a classroom messing with each other while the teacher has to try to bring order and balance. In my experience in school, teachers sucked at that. They always punish the wrong people and let the through culprits get away with it.

No comments: